chocolate + paper + scissors

3.12.2010

The Simple But Perfect Pancake


Early in our marriage, my husband and I informally established Saturday mornings as our pancake (or waffle) days. And I confess that the only way I knew how to make a pancake was to use a mix. Our old standby was a box of Reduced-Fat Bisquick, and I'll admit that that mix made some mean pancakes! (Or maybe it was the yummy chef, my husband.)

These days, I'm trying to restore our diet and serve our family the most natural foods that I can. (Remember, I'm no nutrition purist, but I am trying my best to give our family the healthiest foods I can, within reason and budget.) So, anything made from scratch is a better alternative.

Enter the non-storebought, made-from-scratch, simply perfect pancake, courtesy of the baking masters at King Arthur Flours. And when you view their recipe, you'll notice the photo where they've sprinkled on chocolate chips after pouring the batter onto the griddle = total breakfast heaven. We haven't tried this indulgence yet, but I have a feeling it's not too far off - perfect for a special occasion!

My only modification to the recipe is adding one tablespoon of ground flaxseed. (Not as sexy as chocolate chips, but adding a little Omega-3 never hurts!)

I eat them hot, right off the griddle. But the family likes butter and syrup.

...Yes. Simply perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment