chocolate + paper + scissors

3.19.2010

Comfort (us,) food: Shepherd's Pie

Have I mentioned we're in the middle of a kitchen remodel?

Since January, my husband has been plugging away, demolishing, building, rewiring, cabinet door-replacing...and we're getting closer to the end (painters come tomorrow morning at 8:30). We're both so eager to see our new digs - but most importantly, we're ready to have the house back to normal, with as much as order as possible with two young children. Most things right now are gently dusted with...well, dust (ugh), and although a place does exist for everything, not everything has seen its designated place in quite some time.

If you don't believe me, please see my workspace in the office I share with my husband:

I know. It's frightening.

When things get a bit chaotic around us (be it physical, mental or emotional chaos), I crave quiet, stability - and comfort. So, I thought the craving I've had lately would be perfect for today's recipe: Simply Delicious Shepherd's Pie. This version, created by Janice and Liz at Meal Makeover Moms, is a healthier version that will have you asking for a second helping. It's perfect for a Sunday dinner. And, it freezes well, if you'd like to freeze small portions for busy weeknights. Everyone in our family loved this = a new family classic.

Although I won't be able to make this until next week, I hope you'll be able to enjoy it sooner.

May this meal calm any chaos you're experiencing. And, just in case you need more soothing, just add brownies for dessert.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment