chocolate + paper + scissors

7.30.2009

Lots of firsts!

Okay, so it's very late - past my bedtime - but it's very nice to have some quiet time to myself! Today was one of those busy days at home - and we managed, somehow, to not leave the house at all. This is bad, isn't it? No exercise! No outside stimulation! But it was nice, too.

I do want to share a delish recipe - but I have to share a quick review of our day:

1. We had lots of imaginary play, as we were in Dragon Land much of the day with K and her friends.
2. A can now clap his little tiny, delicate, chunky hands, and gets so excited! We love it so much that we all clap with him! He's also on his way to crawling any day...
3. K managed to answer the phone for the first time today: she took a client call of daddy's while I was in the other room tidying up...oops! Thankfully, she didn't give any financial advice!

Okay: here's the recipe. I threw this together a couple of weeks ago after forgetting to add sugar to the Nigella recipe I posted last time. (I hope you never do that!). After throwing the entire baked, unsweetened batch of brownies in the trash, all I had to make dessert with was some chocolate, butter and some honey. First time to make this sauce - but it was amazingly tasty. I will be making it again...perhaps for a morning beverage! Nice alternative to coffee.

1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter, salted
4-5 tablespoons of honey

Melt it all in a small pot on the stove...and enjoy. It refrigerates well - but it will harden, so you'll need to reheat it in the microwave.

Chocolate heaven! Goes well on anything - especially room temperature foods. But we ate it on ice cream when my girlfriends were in town, and it was heavenly. Of course, the company made it taste even better!

Lights out for now...sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment